 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9423
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15a/b Tentative Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:53:28 GMT

Arrg!  Lugnet is takeing email posts.

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

3) A single sensor line (both robot sensor ports connected together)  This is
the same as option 2, but when a robot signals End Of Turn, the signal must
be a short pulse, and the turn is not "complete" until the end of the pulse
(when the button is released)

Option 3 is probably the best for and arbiter robot to listen in on. Assuming
this works.  Because the sensor port will be powered by both RCXs and the
control lab or RCX arbiter.  What will this do to the reading of the sensor
port?

b) Scoring method.  Like speed chess, raw winner.

Options(?):
1) Wins then (if tied) lowest average time per move

No, there should be ties allowed, because its much easier to build a robot that
plays for a tie then the win.  We need to encourage winning by winning the game
not getting a tie quickly.

2) Speed Chess with xx time limit per player

Definitely.  If you take more then your allotted time you loose.  We need to
decide on this time soon, because the approach you take for your algorithm is
very dependent on the time available.

I don't think the web site says anything about each pair of robots playing
two games.  Is that up for debate?  (they should play two)

I agree with this too.

Player A  Player B      Winner

win-win    loss-loss       A
win-tie    loss-tie        A