 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9418
9417  |  9419
Subject:
[rtlToronto] rtlToronto15a/b Tentative Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:15:45 GMT

Hi guys,

I've put together an initial draft of the rtlToronto15a/b rules for the event on
January 31, 2004:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-rules.html

There are two games:

1. Connect Four
2. Marble Sorting

The latter is pretty much DaveK's deal.  I've basically taken his previous post
of rules and put it online.  It's his show and I'm encouraging all the
rtlToronto members who want to participate but find the big challenges too tough
to start out with to try this one out.  It's well known (we've done it several
times now).

The former I think we're starting to solidify now.  Basically we need two
finalizations:

a) Arbitration method.  Touch sensors, toggling sensor ports, shorting motor
ports to sensor ports.

b) Scoring method.  Like speed chess, raw winner.

I will put up any core logic code anyone wants to share (Derek, Michael, Steve).

If someone wants to suggest a common platform design, let me know.  Otherwise,
I'll do something myself.

I'm opening it to commentary and debate only to attending members of rtlToronto,
ie people who intend to participate here in Toronto in January and have
attended/entered previous rtlToronto contests.

Calum
PS-I'm procrastinating.  I have a paper due in KMD1001F on Wednesday and I'm
doing this stuff.  I'm also having trouble with an overheating ECS Elitegroup
K7SOM+ Duron MATX motherboard.  It seems to lock up a lot.