 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9419
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15a/b Tentative Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:01:41 GMT

There are two games:

1. Connect Four  (C$)

a) Arbitration method.  Touch sensors, toggling sensor ports, shorting motor
ports to sensor ports.

I think there are 3 options:
1) IR
2) 1 sensor line for each robot (my [touch sensor/motor] connected to your port)
3) A single sensor line (both robot sensor ports connected together)  This is
the same as option 2, but when a robot signals End Of Turn, the signal must be a
short pulse, and the turn is not "complete" until the end of the pulse (when the
button is released)

b) Scoring method.  Like speed chess, raw winner.

Options(?):
1) Wins then (if tied) lowest average time per move
2) Speed Chess with xx time limit per player

I don't think the web site says anything about each pair of robots playing two
games.  Is that up for debate?  (they should play two)

If someone wants to suggest a common platform design, let me know.  Otherwise,
I'll do something myself.

This includes the area each robot "owns" (in front and to one side), and the
shared space, above the game. Right?

PS-I'm procrastinating.  I have a paper due in KMD1001F on Wednesday and I'm
doing this stuff.

The best time go get something done: when you should be doing something else.