 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9376
    Check this out —Rob Stehlik
   Hey guys, I have just finished totally refurbishing my website. My goal was to make things cleaner and improve the layout. All of the pages have been fixed up, and I have added several new pages for my latest robots. Have a look and tell me what you (...) (21 years ago, 27-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        pbForth Does DCC! —Ralph Hempel
   All, I'd like to announce that I have FINALLY had a free day this weekend and managed to add DCC capability into pbForth! Thanks to Mark Riley for showing me his early DCC driver in assembler and to Dave Koudys for lending me a DCC equipped motor (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

        Re: pbForth Does DCC! —Ross Crawford
   (...) Excellent! (...) This depends on how many trains will be running, but IMO should at least be programmable (ie the ability to use 1, 2 or 3 ports depending on load). Because you can plug LACC[1] boosters into the output, and drive extra motors (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

        RE: pbForth Does DCC! —Ralph Hempel
   (...) I think I mis-stated my question. I meant to ask how many _independent_ DCC channels would you like to see. That is, one DCC loop controlling trains and another controlling switches, lights, crossings, etc. I'm going to wait for more input (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: pbForth Does DCC! —John Hill
     (...) Hi Ralph I do not think it would be a good idea to have multiple DCC channels. Sure you can have multiple power supplies (which I think the DCC people call 'power stations') but each one should carry the identical DCC signal. DCC packets are (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: pbForth Does DCC! —Ross Crawford
   (...) Oh I see what you mean - and I agree with john that there's no real need for multiple channels. (...) Well I was thinking of relatively simple slave units, but with the ability to operate various devices when they receive appropriate DCC (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: pbForth Does DCC! —John Hill
   My project is along a quite different track, I am attempting to create the DCC control packets with a PC sound card feeding an 'H' bridge power booster. I think my hardware is finished as I have checked it far as I can using an osciloscope but I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)