 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9166
Re: the BEST two days of my life.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:33:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ralph Hempel wrote:
Btw, turn off your 'web viewing' in Windoze Explorer when you're attempting to
'enqueue in WinAmp' 'cause WinAmp takes alotta resources to play music, and when
you click on another MP3 file, windoze media player in the web interface
attempts to load it just in case you feel like hitting the play button there on
the side.  Causes WinAmp to stutter for a few seconds, which causes no end of
consternation in the folks on the dance floor.

I have 2 words for you. OK, 1 word, 2 syllables: Coolplayer.....

<http://coolplayer.sourceforge.net/>

Simple, small, reliable. No crap like visualization.

Ralph

OI've used many mp3 decoders, but I used Winamp first and I keep coming back to
it.  I do turn off all the extraneous crap like visualizations and such.  After
I turned off the web view in Windows explorer, there were no more issues--I
could enqueue all I wished and copy off songs from the CDROM as well as the
network without nary a hiccup from Winamp.

I looked at coolplayer long ago.  Maybe is time for another boo.

Thanks

Dave K