 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 904
Re: Turn table ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 18:03:26 GMT

"Jeff Van Winden" <Jvwinden@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

The rotation sensor being based on 0 - 16 means that it is almost • impossible
to line up the track properly.

If the sensor was mounted directly off the shaft of the turntable itself the
resolution would be far from desirable, espically for accurate positioning.
I'm assuming you have this geared down a fair bit, so the better bet (if you
must use a rotation sensor) is to mount the rotation sensor directly onto
the shaft of your drive motor.

Any thoughts and Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'd use a light sensor pointed down at black/white tiles interpolated into
an arc. Use slow-down and stop targets for accurate positioning. It
eliminates contact errors [that tend to crop up with the touch sensors], and
remains accurate.

There were a few blue 3033 Tubs there, but they were not 3033's they were
for the new Creator Line.

CREATOR FIGS = WRONG.

    Iain