 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8842
Re: joystick help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:23:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Hello guys-

I realize that I can sometimes get way off topic (BTW thanks for pointing that
out Larry).

In other news, concerning my RCX controller, I did a few sketches yesterday
concerning the pneumatics and the touch sensors. As was mentioned earlier, I
will be using four touch sensors, but here I reached an impasse. I was reading
the Ferrari brothers' "Mindstorms" book the a little while ago, reading up on
sensor setup, when I read about OR configs. and AND configs. My controller will
be using an OR config.

Now my question is, have I set it up correctly for an OR configuration? I used
four t. sensors, with four seperate electric cables attached, and then attached
the free end of the cables to a 1x8 electric plate. Underneath the plate I
attached three more electric cables, and then attached the other ends to the
input ports of the RCX. Is this a correct setup for an OR configuration? Or is
this one setup of an AND configuration? Please let me know. (If this isn't
clear, I will bring my schematics to our next meeting).

Or ocnfiguration--

Up to 4 touch sensors, wire out, to top of 2x8 electric plate

*1* wire from 2x8 electric plate to 1 sensor on RCX

In this fashion, if any button is pressed, the RCX doesn't care which one.

The simpler thing to do is attach all wires right from the touch sensor to one
sensor port--stack 'em on top of one another.  There's your 'OR'.

Dave K