 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8838
8837  |  8839
Subject:
joystick help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:03:00 GMT

Hello guys-

I realize that I can sometimes get way off topic (BTW thanks for pointing that
out Larry).

In other news, concerning my RCX controller, I did a few sketches yesterday
concerning the pneumatics and the touch sensors. As was mentioned earlier, I
will be using four touch sensors, but here I reached an impasse. I was reading
the Ferrari brothers' "Mindstorms" book the a little while ago, reading up on
sensor setup, when I read about OR configs. and AND configs. My controller will
be using an OR config.

Now my question is, have I set it up correctly for an OR configuration? I used
four t. sensors, with four seperate electric cables attached, and then attached
the free end of the cables to a 1x8 electric plate. Underneath the plate I
attached three more electric cables, and then attached the other ends to the
input ports of the RCX. Is this a correct setup for an OR configuration? Or is
this one setup of an AND configuration? Please let me know. (If this isn't
clear, I will bring my schematics to our next meeting).