 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8750
Re: Couple of Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:56:05 GMT

a)  We're scoring based on white and black blocks, and which side of the
playfeild the blocks are on.  Can someone confirm that blocks contained inside
of a robot still count?  What I mean to say, is that if you were to look at the
playfeild from above, blocks which lie within the [-shaped area that makes up
each side, are counted, regardless of wether or not they're within a mechanism?
Or must the robot expell all the bricks?

any brick good or bad, in or out of a robot is counted in the [ shape.

this also means that if your robot has bricks in it, and the robot is IN THE PIT,
then those Do NOT count.

b)  Starting point is anywhere along the backwall?

yes. the rule was that the back of your robot had to touch the wall.  this was an
easy way of saying we don't want people to start up against the rice pit wall.

Couple of coments:

The 450 mm size restriction is very large.  :)  It's so large that I can't
physically build a robot that big.  So, as usual (well - usual when I actually
build something), my robot will likely be tiny.

that's OK.   450mm (or just shy of a 1/2 meter)  is a fine size considering all
that has to happen.

:)

listen smarty pants not all of us have our names on a robot patent. and are as good
at building robots like you.

:)

How do we plan to clean up the rice at the end of each game?  I don't have a
dustbuster, but if I did, I'd offer that to be used for the day.  Perhaps that
would work best?  Just load up a new filter before game day, and then you can
suck up any pieces lying around, and deposit them back into the bin.

    Iain

I was planning on bringing a shop vac, and an extra bag of rice.

clean the ring between match's and if the rice level drops, then add a bit more
rice from the supply bag.

at the end of the day, just dump the rice into the trash.

Chris
trying to stay on topic.