 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8744
8743  |  8745
Subject:
Couple of Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:34:07 GMT

Hey all,

Just a couple of questions with regards to the upcoming competition:

a)  We're scoring based on white and black blocks, and which side of the
playfeild the blocks are on.  Can someone confirm that blocks contained inside
of a robot still count?  What I mean to say, is that if you were to look at the
playfeild from above, blocks which lie within the [-shaped area that makes up
each side, are counted, regardless of wether or not they're within a mechanism?
Or must the robot expell all the bricks?

b)  Starting point is anywhere along the backwall?

Couple of coments:

The 450 mm size restriction is very large.  :)  It's so large that I can't
physically build a robot that big.  So, as usual (well - usual when I actually
build something), my robot will likely be tiny.

How do we plan to clean up the rice at the end of each game?  I don't have a
dustbuster, but if I did, I'd offer that to be used for the day.  Perhaps that
would work best?  Just load up a new filter before game day, and then you can
suck up any pieces lying around, and deposit them back into the bin.

    Iain