 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8599
Re: RTL 14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:14:58 GMT

See!  Work interferes with my social committments here on rtl!

All this good banter and I dont' get around to it until it's already done!

Grr!!!

I could have piped up with the poisson and poullet remark, but now it seems that
it's too late for that!

And that would lead us into a great round of Calumball, which is great in itself
but, eh, too late!

Grr!!

Turns out that someone else decided to edit .ini files, which was causing the
ODBC connections of the branch databases to point to themselves instead of the
regional DB, so that when the branch transmitted its info, it would transmit
said info right back into its own database, instead of the regoinal one.  Took
me all last night and until half hour ago to figure that one out.

So now, out of 56 branches, I have to figure out which ones had their .ini file
changed.  So far, 2 of 8.

I'm sure someone thought it was a good thing(tm) to clean up the .ini file, but
fer crying out loud, when a program's been running for 7 years, leave it the
proverbial h-e-doubole-hockey-sticks alone!!!

Dave K
-who is most displeased at certain memebers of the Canadian Region IS staff at
this time, but that doesn't matter 'cause, of course, none of them are here
right now!