 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8421
8420  |  8422
Subject:
Here's the thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:09:49 GMT

So I'm at work, and in a brief pause in the maelstrom of craziness I decide to
'surf the 'net'.

Knowing that my personal web site is down ontil tomorrow, I think, "Yeah, maybe
I'll just FTP into my site and see it that way!"

K--Earth to Dave--your web site is down because... why?  It's not connected!
THe box is sitting in your livingroom under a pile of boxes--not only does the
HTTP not work, I highly doubt that the FTP will magically connect, either!

So no looking at pics on my site until tomorrow :(

Eh, whatreya gonna do?

It reminds me of the time... (strokes chin thoughtfully)

I was at my friends place, playing EQ when all of a sudden the keyboard
fizzled--my character was running straight into the water and was drowning but I
couldn't control it 'cause the keyboard was dead.

Tried hitting any key ("Where's the 'any' key?") but nothing.  I says to the
buddies around me, "The keyboard's dead!"

So my Systems Administrator says in his 'know all things computer' voice, "Well,
just hit the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys and shut down the game!"

"Let me reiterate," I says, "the keyboard's dead!"

Took him a few seconds to actually digest that piece of info.

I found the big red button with 'Danger' written across the top and 'Warning'
plastered across the bottom, and turned off the PC and replaced the keyboard.
All was fine after that except my character in EQ had drowned.

Eh, is only a game :)

Dave K