 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8159
Re: Back to life, back to reality... and Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:55:58 GMT

STEVE!

put a

:)

through out this e-mail.  otherwise people might think we really are mad at each
other.

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I just thought of something.  The next major rtl contest is Pipe Races at
Brickfest, right?

!!!WRONG!!!

just stop right now, cause anything else based on this statement will be false.

And I’m willing to bet at this point; Chris Fruit has no real plans to attend,
right?

this space left blank cause I can not easily think of a way to incorporate a petty
comment about your last name.

I also doubt he’s even considered building a pipe racer to ‘send’ down there
(like Rob did with the bridge robot last year), right?

why would I want to enter a contest specifically dumbed down for Americans?  it would
be like me entering a ~sumo~ contest.  HA.  now that's a hard one.

10 ? CLR SCR
20 motor A  ON
30 motor C  ON
40 goto 10

yep, I'm done programming my sumo bot.

So, I guess this will be the first rtl Robot event that Chris will miss.  Boy,
that’s too bad.  He’ll no longer be able to say he’s entered all the rtl robot
events.  Unless he throws together some super crappy robot…  That would be the
king of all “Hey Mister…” robots.

when was the last time you had an original thought for a game steve?  lets look at
your club web page shall we??

a short jaunt to

http://www.24tooth.com/PastEvents.html

shows us a few things:

1.  your page is poorly designed for non IE browser.
2.  your list of past events reads like a run on sentence.

sumo, maxwell, sumo, stair, item, sumo, maze, line, sumo, ~King of the Hill~ sumo

none of these games can be considered hard for the caliber of robot builders we play
host too.

no wonder you drive all the way from Ann Arbor to Toronto.  The games are better.

I'm not even going to talk about how the Hill game was our idea!

Looks like the streak ends here.  It’s the end of an era.

I'm sad,
Steve

we come back to the point of your FIRST wrong statement.  it is NOT the end of an
era,  I have every intention of entering the more complex and difficult robot pipe
racer game scheduled for Toronto in Jan. 04

you can play your pipe game at BrickFest, just keep in mind that it took Canadians to
organize it, and the agreement of many of the Americans in the room (including you)
to make the original game "easier" for your fellow countrymen.

Chris
I'm glad were done with all that boring train guff.