 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8158
Re: Back to life, back to reality... and Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:26:11 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

So, Chris tells me I'm supposed to post this because it comes with more
authority if I say it:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled robotics.  Next major contest is
BrickFest 2003: Pipe Racers (August 2003)
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-080803-rules.html • ...
So, back to Hey Mister, back to rice and pipes, back to witty banter and
feverish rule debate. • ...
admit it. Robots are more fun, and less hassle.

I just thought of something.  The next major rtl contest is Pipe Races at
Brickfest, right?

And I’m willing to bet at this point; Chris Fruit has no real plans to attend,
right?

I also doubt he’s even considered building a pipe racer to ‘send’ down there
(like Rob did with the bridge robot last year), right?

So, I guess this will be the first rtl Robot event that Chris will miss.  Boy,
that’s too bad.  He’ll no longer be able to say he’s entered all the rtl robot
events.  Unless he throws together some super crappy robot…  That would be the
king of all “Hey Mister…” robots.

Looks like the streak ends here.  It’s the end of an era.

I'm sad,
Steve