 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 813
Re: FT 4.5V technic motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 13:14:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
In my ongoing quest to be 9V vs 4.5V, I found a 4.5V Technic motor plus some
4.5V wiring cables.  Anyone interested in trading for a used 9V original or
gear motor?
I'm not entirely sure what you're proposing - I read this as saying
you already have a 4.5V motor, but want a 9V on instead. If this is
the case, I'll trade you one. I have 12 of the 9V geared motors, but
none of the 4.5V variety.

Matthias Jetleb

K, here's a question somewhat related...
rtlToronto 'bot rules say that LEGO bricks cannot be modified in any way.

But we all accept that we can cut pneumatic hose for our 'bots (if used) and
other things like that.

Those old 4.5 v motors use plugs for attaching them to battery boxes.  I
have taken a lead from a mindstorms, cut off an end, and attached an old 4.5
v plug so i can attach my old 4.5 v motors to the rcx.

Would that wire/lead (whatever) be allowed into the competition?  I have 3
'old style' 4.5 v motors and was just curious.

Going further back, I have 2 original 4.5 v train motors that use the same
plugs as the technic 4.5 v. motors.  I could use those as well, if the
modified wire was allowed.

Even those old light bricks that I used for a proximity detector... same
plug setup.

Anyway, just curious.

Dave