 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8018
Re: RTL Toronto Challenge!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:42:32 GMT

Quoting Calum Tsang <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca>:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jennifer L. Boger wrote:
Us NELUG members down here in Boston had our LEGO What will you make Road • Show
this weekend.  Unable to give us the "LEGO What will you make... Boston?"
poster, they gave us *YOUR* poster as a "consolation prize".  It is the • entire
poster, though only the pertinent part is showing.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/elkane/NELUG/Boston-Roadshow/ransom.jpg

Who need the poster when you can have the entire truck? :)

You might want to look around, cause I think the truck escaped across the
border!  We weren't even able to keep here, it kept mumbling something about
needing to go to explore the country.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-070503/lego-070503-team.jpg

If you can create a RCX based 100% LEGO solution robot, that can find it's • way
to Boston, retreive the poster, and bring it back to Toronto **by • itself**.
Battery power is ok - especially if it can stop into local stores and • purchase
replacements - I'm not sure how many stores accept LEGO money tiles, but • I'm
sure you can program in one of your credit card numbers.

The robot will look a lot like Jeff Van Winden and his Subaru Outback.  Keep
an
eye out for it! :)

Fabulous!  I assume the Outback is my gift and Jeff is very good at fetching Ale?

Seriously, we never saw that sign at all in Toronto.  Does each city have a
sign?  Why wouldn't they give you the Boston one?  Or will the next city get
the
Boston one?

We asked for the Boston one, but apparently the poster is really just a great
big sticker, and they put it on this backing board to hang it up.  They couldn't
either find them or figure them out for both Dallas and Toronto, but they got it
up for Boston.  When we asked about having ours, they tried to take the sticker
off the backing, but it's pretty stuck on, they're just going to put Philly's
overtop, as I understand it.

Jennifer