 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8015
8014  |  8016
Subject:
RTL Toronto Challenge!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:10:05 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

RTLToronto-

Us NELUG members down here in Boston had our LEGO What will you make Road Show
this weekend.  Unable to give us the "LEGO What will you make... Boston?"
poster, they gave us *YOUR* poster as a "consolation prize".  It is the entire
poster, though only the pertinent part is showing.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/elkane/NELUG/Boston-Roadshow/ransom.jpg

I myself consider this to be the superior prize due to it's ransom value.  You
see, I'd like to present you with a challenge.

You can have the poster...

If you can create a RCX based 100% LEGO solution robot, that can find it's way
to Boston, retreive the poster, and bring it back to Toronto **by itself**.
Battery power is ok - especially if it can stop into local stores and purchase
replacements - I'm not sure how many stores accept LEGO money tiles, but I'm
sure you can program in one of your credit card numbers.

We'll make sure that when your robot arrives, it's treated hospitably and
recieves the poster.  I cannot however, guarantee it's safety on Bostonian
roads, nor it's safety trying to leave my house, it should be able to compensate
for this.  It should also be able to ring my door bell, and perhaps bring a
gift.

Fetching me a beer would be good too.

Man, this is one cool robot, you guys rock.

Jennifer Boger
NELUG