 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 772
Re: steering at Rtl 8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:10:52 GMT

As soon as I get my hands on those large technic turntables, I'm building
that mobile platform, whatever it's called, the one where the tires turn • but
the robot stays facing the same direction...

It's called an omnidrive, and it's *far* superior to a Killough. ;)

   Iain

I thought it was called a 'synchro' base. Anyway, yes, very cool. I tried
building one without the turntables, but I lost my motivation. It is possible
to do it with those fancy dark grey gears though... By the way Iain, whats your
beef with killough?? I think its pretty darn cool. Sucks how it uses three
motors though. I thought about doing a pseudo-killough, which would really be
AB steering with some killough style wheels at the back to act as a caster.
(this is probably what Calum was talking about with the robot on TLC). Killough
killough killough, how many more times can I say killough?
Rob