 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 739
Re: again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:02:02 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message

Just received the Pneumatic pack today.
Oh my word!
More fun (next to Mindstorms Robots) I have not had!
I can see where Chris gets his appreciation for these air mechanisms!

Pneumatic systems can be really fascinating to watch. They can also be
insanely frustrating when maladjusted. X-)

Cheap and crude cylinder technology may be, but they are probably the most
cost-effective way to do stuff in ever-cyclic assembly. Now that FESTO has
shown what you can do with proportional valve technology... it is a real
threat to conventional servo positioning techniques. It still just BOTHERS
me that airservos don't make ANY SORT OF NOISE. I almost REFUSE to spec
those in any of my designs simply because they just don't SOUND EXPENSIVE.
Servos HUMM. Servos SCREAM. Servos WHINE AND COMPLAIN when you push on them
and try to drop them out of servolock. Pneumatic cylinders....

Hiss. Click. Puff.

Now I'm geting all hot and bothered. Why do airservos have to look so
PROMISING?! They just look so PURE. There must be something wrong with them.
They don't have character. That's it.

Anyway, I also have a spectrum catalogue, and will bring it on the 4th to
Mels if anyone is interested.

Hmm, just remembered 4th is PCWo preview night. Yesssssss :)

(drools at pctures on rideindex.de of Mondial Top Scan)

    Iain