 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6872
Re: Hi. My Name's Dave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:59:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:

The fun last night was dumping the lot into the sink and washing them--they
were a little dusty.

How do you dry the pieces afterword??  Now that I have a functioning sink I
could theoretically wash LEGO, should the need arise.

   Iain (Who's building now has SANS SERIFFED MIXED CASE FONT GIANT
LETTERING ON IT!!!!!)

The specifics--

I look thru any non-new sets and lots that I purchased, looking for electric
parts, and other things that might not do so well with water.

THen I take the entire kit-'n-kaboodle and throw 'em in the sink, with a
little dish soap, and then turn on the water--temperature not as hot as I
like for doing dishes, but I had a run-in with LEGO and boiling water
earlier in my life...

So then the sink is full of warm water, suds and LEGO.

THen I mix 'em a bit--there's nothing like the sound coming from a sink full
of LEGO swishing around in a stainless steel sink :)

Let the LEGO sit in the sink a bit.  THen when the next commercial break
hits, go back and swish again.

Wait if you want to, but usually I drain the water--carefully pull the
stopper in the sink up a bit to let water out but not let small LEGO pieces
down the drain...  WHen all the water's drained, you should see lots of LEGO
and lots of suds--I just start runing water around until all the suds are gone.

THen I get out my big beach towel, pile the wet bricks in the sink onto the
beach towel, roll 'em up tight, shake a bit, then roll out the towel in the
floor, and spread the bricks out.

By the next morning most, if not all of hte bricks will be dry.

They will all be dry and dust-free by the time I get home tonite.

For more 'stubborn stains' on bricks, I have a tooth bush and if the bricks
soak in the sink a bit, I'll take the toothbrush to them--usually gets rid
of most stuff except paint.

Really icky bricks (thank goodness I haven't seen too many of them!) that
I've seen in purchased garage sale lots or other used lots coming into my
possession--I just shudder internally--"Eww!" and throw out--not even
bothering--I have enuf 2x4's of any colour that I don't have to get this one
clean!

Dave K