 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6873
Re: Hi. My Name's Dave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:57:44 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
How do you dry the pieces afterword??  Now that I have a functioning sink I
could theoretically wash LEGO, should the need arise.

I've washed a few lots of garage sale lego in my Mom's washing machine.
    Just dump the pieces in a pillow case and tie off the end.  Use a
little light detergent if the pieces are really dirty and use the gentle
cycle.

For the initial drying I shake the pieces in a vegetable strainer.  Then
I pile them on a large towel, fold the towel in thirds length wise over
the bricks, and grab the ends to form it like a large taffy.  Then I can
rock the bricks back and forth in the towel.  This will get most of the
water off.  After that I spread the pieces out on another dry towel and
let them air dry.  This can take a while.  A few days sometimes
depending on the humidity.

Derek