 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6876
Re: Hi. My Name's Dave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
And I'm an e-bayholic...

join the club...actually my purchases have gone down a whole LOT!! :)
My feedback rating is almost at 200 (with at almost 225 positive responses).

But I did win 7 lots on e-bay recently.  The largest being a big box o' LEGO!

Nice.  I might get into this kind of acquisition down the road, but right
now I am targeting specific sets only.

So I get this box a weekish back, and it just sorta sat there whilst I
worked late hours, played Diablo II and chatted with my American friends in
o.t-d.

typical dave... :)

I basically wanted the lot for the baseplates for my future train layouts,
but there were lots of assorted pieces.

I start going thru the pieces last night and I come across many many
trans-blue 'roll up' garage door pieces.  I start geting excited.  THen I
start finding many 1x2 red with groove for the garage doors--more excited!!
THen I start looking for the 1xwhatever for the top rail of the garage doors...

None!

No top railings at all!!!!!!

I got a pair I can spare, especially to someone in our club, if you really
want them (I must have about 15 pairs).

I have about 2 feet of garage door panels all totalled now (bunch of
different colours), a few 1x2's with groove, but, besides the 4 red and 2
white top rails I already have in the fire station, I have no more top
rails!!!  Where's the logic of having all these garage door panels and
nothing to mount them on!!!

Oh well.

The fun last night was dumping the lot into the sink and washing them--they
were a little dusty.

In the lot were some awesome elements that I can use to make more firetrucks!

There were no minifigs in the lot :(

that sortof sucks...if you need some extra men, I might be able to part with
a few.

So that's my life with LEGO--tonight I'm meeting with folks from the greater
Hamilton area as a 'mentor' for robotic building (what do I know?) and
tomorrow I'm building modules!  It's shaping up pretty good!

Good luck!!

Ben