 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6869
    paper folding —Chris Magno
    Today is "Statement Day" That bi-monthly event where I sit and generate paper work to mail to customers. After I've folded my 10th bit of paper into thirds to stuff in an envelope; it occurred to me that this might be a good idea for Lego. Has (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: paper folding —Iain Hendry
     (...) I've tried numerous times to do various paperfolding projects, it's one of those "holy grail" things (like knitting, SLT RapidPrototyping) that I've always wanted to do out of LEGO but it is so difficult to achieve the results I want. I wanted (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: paper folding —John Gerlach
     (...) I built a small paper folder once, it only handled pieces of paper about the size of a business card. But, the idea could probably be modified to handle something larger. I modelled it on a machine we had in the print shop way back when I was (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: paper folding —Chris Magno
    I did a quick search and Staples already has such a machine: (URL) is the expensive one, my paper catalogue claims to have one for $89. kind of pointless to tie up $300 worth of lego to do the job of a purpose built machine. Chris formerly known as (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: paper folding —David Koudys
   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes: <snip> (...) Hey! I knew Origami Boy! Didn't he build that thing... Dave K (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)