 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6870
Re: paper folding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

Has anyone ever build something that folds paper?

I've tried numerous times to do various paperfolding projects, it's one of
those "holy grail" things (like knitting, SLT RapidPrototyping) that I've
always wanted to do out of LEGO but it is so difficult to achieve the
results I want.

I wanted to do a machine that we could place at the entrane to our events
that would, for a donation, pull a sheet from a magazine and perform the 2
folds on our "rtlToronto" brocheure squares that Calum prints up.  I had
several different concepts, rollers, presses, creasers on angles...

I have a tendancy to overcomplicate original concepts instead of keeping
things simple, and then when they don't work out I get frustrated and bored,
and drop the concept.  IE, axle sorter feeder.

If you are just doing one fold it is probably achiveable.  You can also buy
industrial folders that fold a sheet in half a second from Office Depot.  At
Ventax we have a Waagner FoldMagic 2700 and sometimes we make sandwiches
with it.

    Iain