 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6231
  Train 4 Trainyard...

So I note after looking at the wonderful layout done by Jeff, that there is no place to park all the rolling stock when not in use. So we'll have to put on, and take off the trains when we want to change stuff. But wait, says Dave, I have a box full (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

I kinda thought we'd put on new trains by setting them at the top of the ramp and letting them zip down on their own. It's called *rolling* stock, right? :D By all means, add a rail yard if you have the time and energy. Right now, I *think* Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) My two odules have all the track bolted down and ready to go. I was referring to the box o' track I may bring to set up an impromptu railyard so we have a place to store rolling stock 'n such. Right now I only have one extra module, but (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Yes they are 6 of them, how ever not all of them may make it to the show. The are also one inch too short. I'm going to try and get some strips of wood that are 1" thick to prop them up with. But if some one whats to use them it would help if (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) For an impromptu train yard, I don't think it matters that much for the inch difference--I'll bring my large baseplates and that'll help for the track spanning the drop. Bring 3 or more if ya can :) Dave K (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) We're straight out of modules I think. Is there any way you can build a railyard out of the existing sections of Curve SE and Empty SE (Ben's)? Calum (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Actually we do have 4 extra thanks to Matthias, Only one of Matthais' mods were needed, I just wanted to have extra, in case we had a 'hey lets build a train yard moment' Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) My module is mostly full now, though I could throw in a switch to go onto Ben's Mod. It's up to Ben, then, to see if he wants to throw a rail yard on his mod or not. No worries eitehr way. We can just remove rolling stock as needed :) Dave K (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) That's Jeff--Mr. Planning Ahead guy... What's my spare module used for? I'm bringing 3 but only using 2. Just wonderin' Dave K (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Since Matthias' modules aren't quite standard we'll use yours first, then fill in with Matthias' as needed. Matthias' need to be propped up by an inch to be level with standard modules. Derek (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Calum needed an extra, We have an open lot above the dam, and I believe Ben's modules were not quite to spec either. Here is a listing of the mods needed and to be supplied. Derek requires 02 Full modules Jeff E requires 02 Full modules, 2 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Then what I'll do is have a switch after the outside curve in SE corner, going on to my spare module (which I'll landscape et al), and set up the train yard/switches, which will proceed onto Matthias' modules... So the spare module will be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) It doesn't matter to me... this is a "rough" layout on my "mod": (URL) sure you can squeeze a switch there...and a "impromptu rail yard also" I'm not at all fussy. Ben (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) No worries there Ben, I started a train yard mod off of mine, and if I get 2 or 3 spare mods, then we're good to go. I may have time this week, and if I'm feeling up for it, I'll try to get 3 wood mods built for Sat. As it stands, I'll take (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

Pics are up... (URL) make a note: see (URL) last blue full module that has no track on it is going to stick out well beyond the other side of the layout. I dunno if we want to do that so in the track designer I showed no track ;) As it stands, if we (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Looks Great Dave!!! I am already sticking out a full mode below altenburg, so If you stick out a Half I don't see that being a problem.... Of course you could always make a half module out of the left overs from making 3 full mods. Jeff VW (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)