 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6157
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train4 Lego Train Show, January 18th,2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:07:44 GMT

Trevyn Watson wrote:

And that reminds me...

I got a tiny video transmitter, and just finished building it into a
train car (along with a small camera). I put pictures up on brickshelf:

I was thinking that live video from the trains would be cool.
I might be in Toronto on the 18th. Should I bring it?

Please do!

(and more questions, if I'm going to bring it:)

Those wheels work fine on my grey plastic track, but will they work on
the metal track?

At low speeds they'll be fine, but might have trouble on switches or
where someone has a level crossing.  But we should be able to build you
standard train bogies.

Will the coupler work? I'm pretty sure it's the right height, but I
don't have any trains, so I can't check.

If it's got a magnet, we can pull/push it.

Will it fit? The body of the car itself is 4 studs wide, but the two
black beams bring it up to 6, and the axles and bushing to hold the
beams on make it 8 studs wide. It's also 27 studs long without bogies,
and about 36 studs long with bogies and coupler.

Sounds like it'll go through the most restrictive areas fine.  Our
wide-clearance areas can pass a 40 or 50 stud long 10 wide beast.

Jeff E