 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6158
6157  |  6159
Subject:
more robot talk...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:36:43 GMT

first, still no baby.

second, this came up in e-mail so I thought I'd share with the group
cause their is way to much train talk right now.

in an e-mail to Calum I wrote:

I have learned 2 very interesting things these past few day.

I decided to build a lego model of a set I own, from many years ago.

the 8094

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8094

the first neat thing I discovered is that lego is way more fun to • build
from real lego instructions if all the parts are in pre sorted bins. • (i
sort all my lego)

it was neat to read a step and figure out i need 2 yellow 8 long • beams,
reach out and pull out what i needed.

the second thing that was fun re-building the model to make it better • by
using parts that were not available at the time the set was made. • (like
the gear motor)

after the plotter was re-built, I added a 3rd motor to raise and lower • a
pen.

then I realized that this set SCREAMS rcx.

so i did, and I've spent the last 4 hours wasting paper and ink by
playing with math formulas to vary the wait times of the x or y axis
just to see the pretty patterns.

if you have the opportunity I'd recommend re-building older sets.  it
has reinforced in me "forgotten" ways of putting lego together.

I put up a pic or 2 here:

nothing fancy, but lots of fun.

http://members.rogers.com/magno/sort07.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/magno/sort08.jpg