 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6121
Re: 8475 until a little while ago was seemed to be lacking.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:12:42 GMT

I'm going to mention once again, that I don't want to see anything larger
than a shoebox at rtlToronto dinners.

I cant help but notice a tone in this sentence.... I cant quite put my
finger on it......

its not a warm and fuzzy feeling I'm getting......

It's an inconvenience to the
waitstaff and distracting to other patrons.

Calum, I do not  care if Dave's very big really cool robot attracts the
attention of every 8 year old in the place.... I have little sympathy
for the "mean" waitress at Swiss Chalet who trips on a lap top bag that
was safely tucked UNDER the table.

in all the years we've had monthly dinners NOT ONCE, EVER, has anyone,
and by anyone I mean managers, staff, patron... ANYONE ever complained
about us or anything we've done.

If matt wants to bring a tables worth of block stacker GREAT!!!  I want
to see it.  that's why we meet once a month to see each others work.
not to eat bad chicken. or greasy poutine.

Simple probability tells us that at any average event with 8 people; all
eight of those people are NOT  going to bring some huge lego creation.

(sigh) I'm done for now.

Chris