 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5558
Re: My next big conflict
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:22:23 GMT

So, my problem: Do I attend an event 3 hours away, where I have a robot with a VERY good chance to win (in the LEGO class),
and they have actual prizes for the winners, but I'm pretty sure, these people look down on me because I use LEGOs to build
my robots?

OR Do I make the 10 hour trip to enter an event I have no pratice with just to hang out with people like me...?

Tough call.

let me see if i got this right......

You (Steve Hassenplug) would rather attend some generic non challenging
non lego robot game where people will watch in fascination, as small
(20cmx20cm) robot bulldozers go head to head.

You (Steve Hassenplug) of the same fame who created the FIRST ever 2
wheeled self balancing robot.... as seen here:

http://perso.freelug.org/legway/LegWay.html

you would find robot  sumo a challenge??

you would want to go to a sumo event .....

Versus

Driving 10 hours across various interstate highways, to reach some
foreign country (where the currency is so weak compared to the greenback
that you could get lego for essentially 33% off normal US prices) , to
participate in a game that is so original, so complex,
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-110002-rules.html  that
only masters of the brick have dared to try  (and some have failed...
Bruce S.)

Is it because we would not allow the use of non lego sensors???
Is it because the game could be too hard.....

think about it..... you have less than a month to try to find a way to
take any number of "blocks" and stack them....  keep in mind that the
previous winners never got past 9.... some have claimed 14... but no
proof.  how many ways can a person raise one block and place it on
another, and do it again, and again before the tower falls.

Steve, I see no choice.  The answer is clear.... you have to... nay;
MUST build this robot, you WANT to build this robot, you NEED to
enter....

oh, and don't forget to bring the legway, I want to see it in person.

;)

Chris

P.S. what do you mean we don't have prizes.... most times we have cool
prizes (thanks Angelo), and always the bragging rights...