 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5555
5554  |  5556
Subject:
My next big conflict
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:55:41 GMT

I was just thinking about loading up the car, throwing the kids in the trunk, grabbing my LEGOs and making the 10 hour trip to Toronto for rtl12.

But then I was thinking about the date.  Why does that sound familiar?  Oh, I remember.  There's a sumo event that day hosted by a robot club three hours from here.

http://www.circ.mtco.com/02smenu.htm

So, my problem: Do I attend an event 3 hours away, where I have a robot with a VERY good chance to win (in the LEGO class), and they have actual prizes for the winners, but I'm pretty sure, these people look down on me because I use LEGOs to build my robots?

OR Do I make the 10 hour trip to enter an event I have no pratice with just to hang out with people like me...?

Tough call.

Steve