 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 499
Re: about possible train layout at a future Lego Get-together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:34:58 GMT

This has been on my mind for a long long long time.  rtlToronto is probably
the world's most Technic oriented LUG--  That's not a bad thing, especially
with nearly 20 or so members who power events like rtlToronto7.  It's just
there are other facets of Lego we should explore.

I know how this is sometimes...I don't see why there can't be a little bit
a room off to the side for all the train/town buffs ("townie" as I call
myself....)

I will, Lord willing, be home in June and have my train collection available.
Hopefully all my newest aquisitions will be arriving shortly (the metroliner,
club car, freight rail runner, and a possible road n rail hauler)....
plus the stuff I already have - 4561 Express Train, 4559 Cargo Train,
4556 Load N Haul Railroad, 3225 Classic Train, and 7745 Intercity Train
(modified for 9V use).

Cool!  I've got one 4558, two 4559 and two 4561.  The Metroliner is
assembled, the others have been disassembled into other trains-a cargo train
right now.  A 4552, 4537, expanded 4555, 4554 MetroStation on layout.  I've
also got the parts to 7710, 7720, 7715, 7722 disassembled.  My next train
project,
once I'm done working on PBXs

which I might add (and agree with Iain) that it looks very cool....

and fighter planes, is to build two Club Car clones.

should be pretty righteous...

Any ideas at what we can do to put together a nice layout or if you guys
even want to do something like this???  Any other thoughts....???

I'm definetly in and so is Iain.  I'm sure Jeff would be interested, but
he's often very busy.

The general idea was to rent out a single room of a Library here in
Etobicoke, and run a small layout.  Most of my buildings can be made into
"plates" (ie, each building is on it's own baseplate)-how bout yours?  For
track, I figure we'll sort of keep track who's track is whose and lay it all
about.  Or perhaps we could link Towns together w/track.

I like this idea about the linking of towns...the track will definitely have
to be colour-coded to represent who owns what...that shouldn't be too
hard, just go to the stationary store...that should work that problem...
I have the latest passenger train station (the juniorized station) and the
freight-loading station (4555, thank goodness!!)...hopefully I'll be able
to buy at least one Hauler train set, and maybe the Freight n Crane railway
to complete the 9V train sets...as far as the buildings go...most of
my mine are in the original boxes (well the last year or so - since living
here in Kentucky), the other "half" of my collection, is in a large
laundry hamper, 90% is mixed in bags.
I'll probably bring most of the newer sets I've gotten, the shell
select shop, a possible mcdonald's restaurant MOC, the gas n go express,
maybe the robber's retreat for an interesting part of the landscape.
Probably 6386 police command base, and the Firefighter's HQ or the
Flame Fighters???  Definitely a 6566 Bank, and possibly a quickly designed
house or two to add to the robber's retreat.  And ofcourse a couple (may be
a few) of road plates to make it half-decent.