 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 497
Re: about possible train layout at a future Lego Get-together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:39:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Iain Hendry mentioned briefly to me about a possible lay-out in the near
future.  I am very interested in helping out and meeting the "gang".

Great!  Yes, we'd love to meet you!

Iain also mentioned that Calum was also interested in putting together
a "train spread" and also briefly mentioned that Jeff Elliot had a nice
bit of a train collection as well.

This has been on my mind for a long long long time.  rtlToronto is probably
the world's most Technic oriented LUG--  That's not a bad thing, especially
with nearly 20 or so members who power events like rtlToronto7.  It's just
there are other facets of Lego we should explore.

I will, Lord willing, be home in June and have my train collection available.
Hopefully all my newest aquisitions will be arriving shortly (the metroliner,
club car, freight rail runner, and a possible road n rail hauler)....
plus the stuff I already have - 4561 Express Train, 4559 Cargo Train,
4556 Load N Haul Railroad, 3225 Classic Train, and 7745 Intercity Train
(modified for 9V use).

Cool!  I've got one 4558, two 4559 and two 4561.  The Metroliner is
assembled, the others have been disassembled into other trains-a cargo train
right now.  A 4552, 4537, expanded 4555, 4554 MetroStation on layout.  I've
also got the parts to 7710, 7720, 7715, 7722 disassembled.  My next train
project, once I'm done working on PBXs and fighter planes, is to build two
Club Car clones.

Any ideas at what we can do to put together a nice layout or if you guys
even want to do something like this???  Any other thoughts....???

I'm definetly in and so is Iain.  I'm sure Jeff would be interested, but
he's often very busy.

The general idea was to rent out a single room of a Library here in
Etobicoke, and run a small layout.  Most of my buildings can be made into
"plates" (ie, each building is on it's own baseplate)-how bout yours?  For
track, I figure we'll sort of keep track who's track is whose and lay it all
about.  Or perhaps we could link Towns together w/track.

Calum