 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4933
Re: The Zen of Brickfest....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:14:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Stop hanging out and playing in the castle room!

Go to the Train room or the Mindstorms room!

Get out!

Get out now!!

Ah, go have yer fun... ;)

Dave
-who thinks it's pretty neat to see his friends on-line at BrickFest.

Talk about Laughing out Loud!!!!

Actually I had a pretty good time, I just felt more at "home" in the castle
room.  ;)

The trains were very nice, and the robots were just breathtaking.  Lots of
pictures will be posted on Brickshelf in the next couple days....I have to
wait on Calum to send me my 120 pics.  Calum took lots of photos too.

Unfortunately, seeing pics and being there are two separate issues.  It
costs money to attend an event like this....but I think the more important
issue is to meet people from different parts of the country, and even
different parts of the world.   This also (ironically) includes meeting new
people in your own backyard, as we (rtlToronto) met a couple from Mississauga.
(who is a quiet lurker!!!!! - with very talented building style).

Anyways, just responding to say that I was very surprised to see my name
as a header, and also very embarassed that my "lack of room-hopping" was
highlighted.

Thanks,

Ben

No problem Ben,

What are friends for except to point out your most glaring faults--and
hanging out at the castle room, well...

;)

I'm glad you had a great time! Maybe next time I'll go and hang out in the
Technic/Mindstorms Room and you can write one of these...

"Dave!  Get out!  Get away from those beams with holes and all that IR can't
be good for the skin!!!  Get over there where there's mini-figs and seige
engines!!!"

Dave K.

maybe... ;)

but more than likely is that if I am able to go next year, I'll definitely
GO again.  I had a blast!!!
(now I just have to wait for Calum to e-mail my pics (all 120 of them) from
the weekends festivities!!!!

Benjamin Medinets