 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4844
Re: Wanted: New, Posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:14:54 GMT

Benjamin Medinets wrote:

my thoughts are still the same as before:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=4808

I didn't get any feedback from whence I posted it last time.

Actually I was thinking about this, I meant to reply but got distracted
and forgot.  :-)

Personal I'd prefer not to a "Public" display.  I like that our displays
are more or less for ourselves and we let the few members of the public
that manage to find us come in and see what we are doing.  A public
display, like in St. Jacobs would be very different, and for me not as
much fun.

If you do something as public as a display in St. Jacobs would be, you
spend the entire time dealing with the public.  I've worked for hobby
stores, and done public shows, I know what it's like, and I've had
enough of it.  I just want to play with Lego trains.

This is not to say the group shouldn't consider doing a public display,
but I'd probably reduce my contribution to some rolling stock rather
then modules if we did.

As Calum says he would like Train4 to be smaller but tighter layout.  I
like that idea.  Perhaps if this one comes together well, I'd feel
better about doing something more public for the next one.

Derek