 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4634
Re: Thinking about train stations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:14:36 GMT

Cool, I like your preliminary design ideas.

If you're going to go ahead with a train station, then I'm going to
dismantle mine.  I don't really like it in its current state, I never
got to add any detail to it, and it's just taking up to much space in my
apartment.  Grand idea, not enough time, must plan better.  Besides, one
layout shouldn't be all train stations. :-)

I'm thinking I'll trying a sunken module with a train bridge and a car
bridge.  If others are interested in having a monorail run through their
modules I'd add a monorail bridge as well.  Note this is my monorail,
not Lego's.

Derek

Calum Tsang wrote:

I've spent several hours lately reviewing some of the Lego train stations
out there.  They are simply amazing!  After getting an idea of the scope of
such a project, I've realized the projects you see on Brickshelf are nothing
short of fantastic, getting in so many details and architectural motifs.

Here are some of my favourites:

http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind/ (Check out Otterdam and Anytown
Stations)

I'm thinking of building a train station too, so I built some arches today:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-station-layout.jpg
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-station-arches.jpg

My goal here was just to get an idea of what's involved in building a large
train station, in terms of pieces, scales, and general layout.  I just threw
together some track and a few Metroliner platforms on a couple of 50x50
baseplates.  What I'd like to do is to build a three track shed with a
Classical period European-like station that runs parallel to the tracks.

Calum