 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4625
4624  |  4626
Subject:
Thinking about train stations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 04:38:41 GMT

I've spent several hours lately reviewing some of the Lego train stations
out there.  They are simply amazing!  After getting an idea of the scope of
such a project, I've realized the projects you see on Brickshelf are nothing
short of fantastic, getting in so many details and architectural motifs.

Here are some of my favourites:

http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind/ (Check out Otterdam and Anytown
Stations)

I'm thinking of building a train station too, so I built some arches today:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-station-layout.jpg
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-station-arches.jpg

My goal here was just to get an idea of what's involved in building a large
train station, in terms of pieces, scales, and general layout.  I just threw
together some track and a few Metroliner platforms on a couple of 50x50
baseplates.  What I'd like to do is to build a three track shed with a
Classical period European-like station that runs parallel to the tracks.

Calum