 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4225
4224  |  4226
Subject:
Brickfest talk outline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 04:47:34 GMT

Hi folks,

A while ago I mentioned we might want to do a talk at Brickfest about Lego
Robotics competitions.  It is entitled "Building Competition Robots".
Here's the outline I've been working through.  Please add your comments and
suggestions-I want to present the idea not building Lego robots (that's been
covered before) but the issues involved in building a robot for a design
competition and the problems that arise due to it.

Calum

-rtlToronto Robotics Video

1. The Design Cycle
-Component/Modular Design
-Sketching Ideas
-Proof of Concept
-Test, Test and More Test (yeah, you win Mario)
-Lego vs Reality

2. Building
-Motors: Installing & Bracing
-Motors: What Can Be Controlled
-Gear Ratios

3. Programming
-Open vs Closed Loop Control
-Clean Modular Coding
-Designing for Exceptions (Backoff Code)
-Endgame Strategies (Finishing Early)

4. Game Day
-Compensating for Environment (Light)
-Batteries: Your Friend and Enemy