 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3973
3972  |  3974
Subject:
lego shopping day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:07:34 GMT

I decided to go shopping around it being a nice day, and wearing my short-
sleeve shirt....what away to start the spring break (well not me, but for
the kids in general).

I went to 2 places...Toys R US, and Walmart.

True to Greg Hyland, the Western sets are indeed at Toys R Us.  You can
also get the Yoda Sculpture there also (didn't check the price).
I did a price check on the Fort Legoredo and it came to $150 CDN without
taxes.  If you figure it out, you are paying (not a lot) less than buying
it from shop @ home.

Estimated cost of buying a Fort Legoredo (Shop@Home vs Toys R US)
Shop @ Home (Canadian Point of View):

100 US price
10 US shipping
15 GST (Canadian Orders)

125 US total
1.62 ~ exchange rate
162 + 40
equals ~ $203 CDN

Toys R US:

150 CDN
taxes 1.15

$172 CDN

total savings ~ $31 CDN
and you don't have to deal with Canada Post...

Toys R Us had a "select" amount of studio sets on sale.  $10 (CDN) off their
raptor rumble sets, the backdrop set was on sale, also the dino head, but I
don't know their prices.

I won't disclose what I bought at Toys R US.

I then went to my favorite Walmart store.  They still had a couple of the
Monster Truck Rally sets on sale for $35 CDN, as well as they put their
Championship Challenges on for clearance, $25 CDN (that's $40 off the
retail price).  It didn't take me long to pick out what I wanted....
Yup...both the rally set and the challenge set.

Does anybody care for a cheap flimsy and "useless" race ramp???  I do not
care for it at all....

lists for the sets I bought at Walmart...

monster truck rally....$50 US original list, bought it for $35 CDN
championship challenge.$50 US original list, bought it for $25 CDN

that's $100 US (original value) for $60 CDN.  True the sets aren't exactly
most wanted sets, some would even say is it worth that....there are certain
nice elements in each...for the decent prices.

Ben