 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3994
Re: lego shopping day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:18:08 GMT

<snip>

                              *Wal-Mart is evil,
Also http://lists.essential.org/1998/corp-focus/msg00045.html

I also fail to see how Walmart is evil.  Walmart is the fullest extent of
capitalism in retail-and I suppose if you don't like capitalism, then I
guess you can call Walmart evil.  But you'd have to call every other company
evil, with probably the exception of some really "good" vendors, who
primarily use that as corporate image.

Actually, from a Business Operational Viewpoint....

Walmart's merchandizing plan is the best in the industry.  Its point of
sale is linked to its overall inventory system...which rings up its suppliers
when the re-order point is at its threshold.
When the inventory has been sitting too long on the shelf....most cases, it
gets put on clearance....as soon as possible.  I would say that in general
the only department stores that compare to Walmart, the way it is run is
Target.  Oh, but Target is in the U.S. (sorry).

Ben