 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3825
Re: 10020 (A *train* topic!!! Read at own risk!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:33:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Well,

I received the 10020 yesterday night.  Let me tell you that I am most
impressed!  Sure, lately there has been some concern about our favourite
company, TLC, but if they keep putting things like this out, I'll be happy!

Now it's sitting on my desk at work and is the talk of the building!

I'm debating if I want another one, they're that good!!

Anywho, my marketing rant for this is over...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bashing of
non-robot-builders-that-still-have-nerve-to-show-up-during-rtlToronto-10.

(I still appreciate you, Bruce--didn't you come in first during one of our
robot events?  Let's see--first place over the years of
competitions--hmmmm... Rob, Bruce, your's truly, others-not-named-Chris...)

Closing on a more serious, albeit fun, note, I printed off a poster of 5
years of italicized text and people in the building are liking that, too.
Yep, not only am I happy to be a Canadian right now (as if that'll ever
change, just more happy than usual), but I'm pretty much impressed with
rtlToronto and LEGO in general!!

Thanks all!!

Dave

Yeah...those evil "lurkers"... next time they should bring some technic... :)
(1)

Warning....talking about trains and town.... <loud gasp from the
Robot-loving rtlToronto
Community>

Congrats, Dave.  I hope they come out with some more cool stuff in the near
(6 months) future.  I know they have some retail stuff coming out by July.
But that is more juniorized stuff.

I put my order for the train set.  I hope it arrives sometime next week.
(BTW Dave, have you put your name in the official Sante Fe registry yet??)

While I like the prices of the town legends, I wish they would have put out
some of the more "desired sets".  The breezeway was a great idea, great for
parts and its priced very nice at $23 (US).  The Pizza to Go, another good
parts set (and with the nice small delivery car/truck, is also not bad, but
probably not worth the $20 (US) price tag.

What really irritates me is that its listed as 20 Euro in the Euro shops,
and even cheaper in the Aussie shop (36 Australian Dollars).  But no
price breaks for us enthusiasts in Canada.

This maybe off topic, but having a discussion with the lego people at
BrickFest (if they come) will be important... so that they can understand
the problems we are facing here in Canada.  Canada was a backbone in the
Lego System, first with Samsonite, and then when Lego took over distribution.
I feel that Lego has turned its back on the Canadian market.  It doesn't
matter that I buy my lego from shop @ home with my US currency to my
US postal address.

If Shop @ Home was run right, I could order it from the Canadian shop....
and why is the Canadian Shop @ Home catalogue so much smaller than the
US??

No returning to the robot soccer players already in progress....sorrry for the
long rant about canadian lego procurement.....

Ben