 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3756
Re: plan for food.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 05:52:53 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

a) Lock crackers.   Get a pile of combo locks like the kind you had in • high
school.  Build a robot that can crack the lock.  We run everyone through,
each gets a try at a lock, then everyone rotates and the lowest time for • all
the locks wins.  Boring as snot to watch though, similar to ProjectX.

I recomend not. :) The lock cracker I built a year or two ago took 18 hours
to crack a lock. I only ever ran it once. Scrolling through 40 ^ 40*
combinations is *not* fun.

b) Tree Harvesting.   This was the one from BricksWest 2002 and looked
really cute and fun.  Might be too similar to Marble sorting etc.

Then let's do somethign with MARBLES AGAIN!!!!!!! :-D

(marble advocate ::beam::)

d) Drag racers.

Yes!

I'd still like to do something with wires in tension (tightrope races, aeral
pickup, rope/wire climbing... etc).

    Iain

* - it was a 40-digit lock. Due to the method of use, each "Cycle" of the
robot would dial in the first number, dial in the second, and in the third
part of the cycle it would test each last digit while tugging on the yolk.
Therefore, one cycle tries 40 combinations in total, emiting the last ^40
from the formula or whatever. I hate math, I don't get it, it frustrates me,
so if you're a math major and are offended by my explanation, tough
biscuits! I just built it from how I thought about it might be possible to
solve the lock. But lock solving is so weird, y'know? Like, it's
limited-scope practicing and stuff. It's like, yeah, I'm gonna take this
lego thing in to school and break into my buds locker so I can get at his
stuff, pshaa, right! Like that's gonna happen. Oh wait! I'm not in school. I
forgot! I do kind of miss it though. In a weird, really, really, really
messed up way. Maybe I'll go back some day? I dunno. Is it after midnight? I
think it is. I sat on my floor trying to figure out waht to do on my robot.
I ended up doing exactly nothing. I startled myself though! Beacuse I had
placed my KIMSTA (Chair from Ikea) on my bed so I would have room to sit
down, and I came back to my computer in the other room. Then I went back to
my room and I thougth the chair climbed up there on its own!!!!!! it was
really freaky. It was like a dream I had, I dreamed I was at calums I think,
and they had this really fancy coffee table. It was clockwork or something,
like, really intracate. From like the 700's (as in 700 ad or waht not, like,
1300 years  ago! thats a long time) , and we woulnd it up. He showed me how
it shifted its centre fo mass and stuff around with cables an da weight so
that the coffee table could walk!! it was really quite frightening, becuase
then the coffee table went across the room and proceeded to mount the sofa.
But it was really slow. I think calum yelled at the coffee table when it did
that. They have htis nice rice coloured piano! it's so cool. My room is such
a crap mess. i cant do anything!! And I played DDR like all night! I think
I'm getting better at that. I did a 5-foot difficulty tongith perfect with
no misses! Damn! I good. I dont even know whty I typed all this andI'm not
even going to read it. I am in such a weird mood! maybe I shouldnt have
eaten those mints at work that I found in my desk drawer lol!! speaking of
which when was the last time YOU ate at burger king??