 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3753
Re: plan for food.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:54:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
just as a side note to all the people who will be entering a robot.

(and others as well)

typically after the robot event winds down, many of us head over to
Mel's and rehash the day, and dream up a new event for the next game.

if you plan on bringing a robot, see if you can also squeeze a few more
hours after 5 pm to join us for food and fun.

Yeah, absolutely.  The post event dinner is the place where rtl11 will be
born. Some ideas to get thinking about:

a) Lock crackers.   Get a pile of combo locks like the kind you had in high
school.  Build a robot that can crack the lock.  We run everyone through,
each gets a try at a lock, then everyone rotates and the lowest time for all
the locks wins.  Boring as snot to watch though, similar to ProjectX.

b) Tree Harvesting.   This was the one from BricksWest 2002 and looked
really cute and fun.  Might be too similar to Marble sorting etc.

c) 8466 4x4 SUV/Supercar Jousting ala Junkyard Wars this week.

d) Drag racers.

e) ?!?!

But whatever it is, it should be relatively mobile, ie, not ProjectX.  Time
frame for rtl11 is June 2002.

rtl10.1 Soccer Demo Test is still on for two weeks from now, with an eye for
a live soccer event around April 2002.

Calum