 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3579
3578  |  3580
Subject:
2002 FBTB comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:51:43 GMT

Well,

I went to go over and check out some of those New York Toy Fair 2002
previews, and you know, the new sets they showed are incredibly
disappointing.  But here's another weird one: I don't care.

I used to get all worked up about it.  I can think back to 1995-1996 when I
would browse all the new sets on Lou Zucaro's Pause site after reading about
then on rec.toys.lego and saying "Man, Lego is starting to get worse and
worse!"  In retrospect, I'd probably kill for almost all of the sets in
comparison to what's being offered now.  Ick.  I recently took out my 4021
from the shelf where it was sitting, and realized just how cool it was.  And
it wasn't even cool in comparison to the stuff from the 80's or early 90's.

But you know, I just can't find it in myself to get worked up.*  I only have
one big wish this year, and that's for the 3033 tub or something similar to
return.  There's more coworkers to make mosaics of, more buildings to
construct in my town, more stuff overall.  Sigh.  I can't believe it's 2002
and the best I can wish for is basic buckets.

Calum
*-I can't even seem to get worked up about anything, period.