 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3608
Re: 2002 FBTB comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 04:59:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
I know what you mean about the sets, but I'm finding that I'm getting much more
picky about what I buy, as well.  Consequently, I've got a pretty long to-buy
list, and I guess I'm waiting for the Zellers clearance sales to determine what
I'm actually going to buy.  I think I need more time actually driving the brick
to make use of the pieces I've already got.

I find that too, I'm often analyzing what sets make sense to buy for parts
and then timing my purchases with the sales and clearance.  I'm probably
well overstocked anyways for pieces, I have like six tubs still unopened and
two or three tubs worth in active use.

On another note, does anyone know of any Europe-only sets (train sets?) that I
should be looking for here in Vienna?  I was so impressed that the airport had
a little Lego-only store... that sold track sets, including crossovers and
points.  People who understand the need for more than straight and curved
rails, yay!

I don't think there's anything you can't get over here...but I could be
wrong.  Ben's usually more up to date on the latest set info.  I was also
very impressed you could find Train and Technic beyond the Technic Jr stuff
and the 4561 entry kit you find here in Canada.

Oh - the subway here is great.  The little electronic signs in the stations do
more than advertise the concept of advertising on them - they tell you how many
minutes to the next train.  Incidentally, this is easy, because the number is
almost always 1.  Great system.  The over-track advertising in the major
stations is a large video screen, and some of the cars have smaller versions.
Won't be long til that hits TO.

Yes!  Same as in Hamburg!  FYI, the Vienna subway starred as the Moscow
subway in the movie Firefox.  It's a dumb movie for the last half, but the
first half is actually pretty good and includes avoiding the KGB in the
Moscow (I mean, Vienna) subway.

They had large wall sized projection screens in Hamburg.

Calum