 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3416
Re: Dual IR tower output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:24:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Just to show off my ignorance, i wonder if it is as simple as opening up
the "box" and parallel 1 or 2 ir LEDs, off  the main LED.

YES i know that,  that would be more current draw, and maybe the Tower
circuit was not designed for that, BUT being a brute force kind of
guy,   I like to live on the wild side and rely on the 10% tolerance
that all engineers build into everything.

Besides, it would just be for a few hours.

Possibly. It would probably be better to drive something else off the main
board (an opto-coupler or something) & run all the leds off that via a separate
supply. Also, IIRC, the tower actually has 2 LEDs - something to do with
reducing the effect of ambient light..

ROSCO