 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3399
Re: Dual IR tower output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:30:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Calum Tsang wrote:

Okay, but I only want to send-the BBRC software only sends AFAIK, so I
wonder if that's still an issue.  What you're saying is that the tower
interactive on initialization with the host PC-I wonder of this is the case
with BBRC.  Is the IR "alive" done using say the DTR line on the serial
port, or is it actually interactive (ie, some bit of a transmission block
checks, and a return block is sent back) with the PC inband...

I guess there's only one way to find out...

You're not married, if you were, you would know what append when someone speek
and the other doesn't answer ;-)

a download have to be coordinated, exchange of info both way...

(Mario, break out the crimper!)

Calum

Another thing you might want to think about, if we've got a few extra IR
towers around - really, you're just trying to improve the coverage of
the
transmission elements.  A spare IR tower has a set of transmission
elements.
So.. what would it take to solder some connections into a tower to allow
it to simply slave the second tower's IR elements to it? Would it mush
the signal too much? Attenuate the power of each tower?

Someone with more electronics background needs to think about this.

Jeff E

that is an interesting point here, this solution migth work better, concern is
amount of current that the transmitting circuit can give to the IR LED, bits
rate ( since it is serial, should be low enough (unless you use the USB)), how
the IR receiver circuit is design...

I think I should open one... where is that screwdriver

Martin