 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3196
Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:19:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
I set an array of 16 (go figure)
and I have a few misceelaneous int values (4 thus far)
and I try to set up another aray of 16 and it gives me something equalling
an out of memory error!  Grrr!!

Rememeber to count all local variables, since they are not really local
in RCXCC. Total number of usable variables are 32 for RCX 1.x.  But I think the
compiler will give you error for using more than 32 variables.  If it is during
download, then either your code size is too big, or you need to clean up other
program slots.

So the question, can I allocate morememory space for variables?  or is it
fixed?  I notice when I look at a memory map, soooo much memory is allocated
to data logging--well you stupid RCX, I'm not doing *any* data logging so
stop giving away all that memory I need!!

It is a limitation of using LEGO RCX firmware.  I don't know if the RCX 2.0
firmware can give you more memory.