 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3201
Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:35:40 GMT

The only way I now around these limitations is to use an alternate firmware.

LegOS is a true c environment instead of being "not quite c"

LeJOS is full featured Java VM.

Both of these give you full control over memory usage, so the number of variables
you can have is only restricted by free memory available.  (note: currently garbage
collection has not been implemented in LeJOS so if you create an object you can't
get rid of it.)

Unfortunately neither one is very friendly to the novice programer.  LegOS has a
much larger user base, and there for far more support behind it.  I'm a Java
developer so I like LeJOS myself.

I'm using LeJOS for my XBot.  After programing my monkey with RIS 1.5, I decided I
wanted a full featured language for ProjectX.

Derek

David Koudys wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ka-On Lee writes:

Rememeber to count all local variables, since they are not really local
in RCXCC. Total number of usable variables are 32 for RCX 1.x.  But I think the

32 variables???????  That's all????

i need more!

How do I get room for more variables???

If not, oh well, must modify and have *sloppy* code :(

Dave