 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3195
3194  |  3196
Subject:
rtlToronto 11 competition idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:28:20 GMT

It was on another RCX competition site years ago...

A finite number of pop cans, painted black, are placed in an arena.  The
walls of the arena are white.

The 'bot starts in one corner, whose floor is painted black while the rest
of the field is a neutral colour.

The idea is for the 'bot to gather as many pop cans in 5 minutes as possible
and get the 'bot back to its corner.

Whoever has the most number of pop cans on the black square, either in the
'bot or not, matters not) wins.

This is *not* a head to head competition, tho we could modify the rules to
do so, like have a black square and a white square in opposite corners.

I was thinking was just bringing my 4x4 arena, all painted up nice like,
with 5-10 popcans.  You just supply the 'bot, and we would do one 'bot at a
time, so we could all watch individual bots, explain stuff and just have a
good time without head to head matches.  This way I can really have a good
look at the other robots closely to maybe expand my knowledge of building
and such.  I never have enuf time to really examine the other robots 'cause
i'm so busy focusing on tuning mine and entering matches with others.

Anywho, that's my idere

Dave

Wanting to say something funny here but Chris takes all the good ones!