 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3194
  Programming, NQC and the RCX

K folks, I have a programming problem :( Here's the issue: I set an array of 16 (go figure) and I have a few misceelaneous int values (4 thus far) and I try to set up another aray of 16 and it gives me something equalling an out of memory error! (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX

(...) Rememeber to count all local variables, since they are not really local in RCXCC. Total number of usable variables are 32 for RCX 1.x. But I think the compiler will give you error for using more than 32 variables. If it is during download, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX

(...) 32 variables??????? That's all???? i need more! How do I get room for more variables??? If not, oh well, must modify and have *sloppy* code :( Dave (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX

(...) the (...) Well RCX 2.0 firmware give you 32 global+16 local variables, according to NQC docs. LegOS should give you a lot more freedom in memory usage, but I haven't try that yet. For the X project, I plan to use bit manipulation to store all (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX

The only way I now around these limitations is to use an alternate firmware. LegOS is a true c environment instead of being "not quite c" LeJOS is full featured Java VM. Both of these give you full control over memory usage, so the number of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX

(...) As the others have said, 32 variables is the limit for the standard firmware. The new 2.0 firmware gives you a bit more (I think you can have a few more global variables). But, heres my take on the matter: Why do you need two 1x16 arrays? I (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)